Welcome to Wiztoonz e-learning!
We will not collect any personally identifiable information about you unless it is in response to you using our Website or actively registering for one of our online products. The security of your personally identifiable information is extremely important to us.
What Information We Collect
When you register on the Wiztoonz e-learning website, when you create and update your Learner profile, and when you purchase Online Courses on the Website, we and third parties working with us will collect the following information:
- Name, email address, telephone number (required).
- Home address, date of birth, telephone number, country of nationality (required for certain courses).
- Other personal data if you choose to register for a Wiztoonz e-learning account via third party sites including Facebook and Google, and have provided your personal information on those platforms.
- Credit/debit card information.
- Data relating to your use of our Website and enrolment on Online Courses.
- Information provided by you when you correspond with us (including via surveys).
- Other information you choose to provide about your interests, educational background, occupation and work experience, learning goals, and other general learning preferences for the purpose of making course recommendations on our website or, if you’ve opted in, via email and personalising our services to your needs.
- Information provided from third party sources, such as our Partners who may invite you to a certain course.
When you are participating on an Online Course, we and third parties may collect and store the following additional information:
- Comments you voluntarily post while participating in online discussions with the Course educators and other Learners during the Course run.
- Any email communications with Wiztoonz e-learning to seek user support or to send queries related to the Course.
- Any content submitted by you during the Course, such as written assignments, quizzes, and examinations, and the results of any assessments.
- Any data and documentation you submit in order to verify your identity where required to obtain a certificate or academic accreditation (collected by our third-party identity verification vendors who may store your information for the sole purpose of identification verification).
- Responses you voluntarily provide to Wiztoonz e-learning, the Course educators, or third parties in questionnaires, surveys, or user research that you participate in related to the Course.
Requesting additional information on a Wiztoonz elearningCourse
We collect information from visitors to our Website who express interest in a particular Online Course and wish to be contacted by the university or other institution offering the Course. The information includes:
- Name, email address, educational background, employment background, address, country of residence and telephone number.
Accessing the Website
How we use your information
In providing our online services and products to you, we and third parties we work with will collect, store, and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To manage your Learner account.
- To provide technical support to you.
- To send you email notifications and updates about Courses you are enrolled on.
- Where you are invited by a Course provider or a third party institution, such as your employer to enrol on a Course, to allow that entity to enrol you on the Course, and to monitor and track your progress on the Course.
- To contact you occasionally in order to invite you to share your opinions of and experiences with Wiztoonz e-learning, and to publish customer reviews and ratings of our Courses on our Website or on other media channels.
- For marketing purposes, where you provide us with your consent to receive marketing communications, which may include email and/or telephone communications with information, news, and offers of Courses on our Website and third party offers.
- For creating prospective customer databases by matching demographic data from your depersonalised information with members of the general public.
- To use your information in an aggregated format to identify trends on our website and trends in our customer database. We may use this information in an aggregated and anonymous format and may share this information with third parties.
- In connection with campaigns with higher education institution partners, to provide universities you have expressed an interest in, with your personal information so they may assess common areas of interest between their students and Wiztoonz e-learning learners and improve their educational programme offerings. Any such data gathering will also be pursuant to the universities’ own privacy policies.
- To share general user data with our Online Course providers for research related to online education.
- To enable other learners on our platforms to view the information you have chosen to add to your profile and depending on the profile settings you have selected your course activity.
- If you have decided to make your profile settings public, to enable members of the public to see your profile and course activity by searching for relevant Wiztoonz e-learning courses and topics on the internet.
- Personalise our services (the Wiztoonz e-learning Website and any email communications) so as to best meet your needs; for example, by providing tailored Course recommendations.
Whom we may share your information with
For the above purposes, we may share your information with the following third parties. Please note that any third parties’ use of your personal data will be governed by their own privacy policies and give rise to separate obligations under applicable data protection laws. We suggest that you carefully review any third party privacy policies that may apply to you.
Third parties that may receive your information include:
- Our payment services provider – Razorpay.
- Wiztoonz Academy of Media and Design that provides online Courses on our Website.
- Customer relationship management service providers (which allows us, for example, to send personalised email communications to you).
- Our customer service software provider, if you contact our support team.
- Our file storage and management service providers.
- Our third party review and ratings partner, who assists us with collecting and moderating any review and rating you may elect to provide of our Online Content and Courses.
- Your employer, educational institution, or third parties who may invite you to enrol on an Online Course for training, educational, or assessment purposes.
- Any entity to which we are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and other legal requirements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Legal Basis for Processing Your Information
We have several legal bases for collecting and using the personal information described above. They are:
- Where the use of your personal information is necessary to perform our obligations under any contract with you (including providing you with access to Online Courses on the Website for which you have registered and/or made a purchase).
- Where we have your explicit consent to collect, store, and use your information for a particular purpose, including where you consent to receiving marketing and promotional communications for products on our Website or third party websites.
- To conduct our day-to-day business, including the operation of a fully functioning website offering online educational products.
- To build relationships with universities and other institutions in the online education sector.
- To ensure we are delivering a high level of customer service through ongoing customer communications and responses to customer queries.
- To invest, test and roll out new products which we believe will benefit our customers or prospective customers.
- Track and ensure completion of contractual obligations.
- Carry out market research and business development.
- To operate our website.
- To consider your employment application, if you apply for a role at our company.
- In some cases, we may have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you.
Storage and Security of Information
All information is stored on our secure servers. When you register, we will ask you to choose a password which enables you to access the Online Courses and Content. You are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share this password with anyone. In addition, we (or third parties acting on our behalf) may also store or process information that we collect about you in countries outside India, which may have different standards of data protection than in India. Specifically, servers used by our Website are located in Bengaluru, India, and we work with Course providers and third party service providers around the world. We have put in place technical and organisational security measures to prevent the loss or unauthorised access of your personal information. However, whilst we have used our best efforts to ensure the security of your data, it is your responsibility to make an informed decision to avail yourself of our services and products or if your concerns about the handling of data require you to refrain from using our Website.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements). When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Wiztoonz Academy Of Media & Design,
26/42, 12th Main Road, Jayanagar, 4th Block, Bengaluru 560011.
Phone: +91 90198 84884